UR3 for WHS 2011 is Released! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, All,
    The Update Rollup 3 final version for WHS 2011 will be released in several days.
    Please make sure you unstall UR3 Beta from Add/Remove program on both clients and server first. Note you might need to uninstall client connector to remove the UR3 client Beta.

We will notify the forum once the UR3 RTM is available on WU.

Thank you for all the feedback!

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights. Ning Kuang[MSFT] Windows Server Program Manager

Friday, August 10, 2012 2:53 PM

All replies

• Ning,

Thank you for the update on this.

Are the any other changes that happened or are the original “issues” what
    the final will be?

Don

Friday, August 10, 2012 8:23 PM
  • We fixed 4 more issues after Beta, including some alerts missing on Windows 8 client, Windows 8 Client join issue on WHS 2011, and an O365 integration issue. The KB will list all the fixes when it goes live.

Thanks.

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights. Ning Kuang[MSFT] Windows Server Program Manager

Monday, August 13, 2012 1:33 AM
  • UR3 is now available on updates for whs 2011

Dave

The Frog on the Lilypad at Home

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:39 AM
  • I haven’t seen this yet, just the original beta.

Don

Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:25 AM
  • It was released yesterday. Have you uninstalled the Beta and have Automatic Updates on?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 2:25 AM
  • Ning Kuang: you have my appreciation; please express this to the entire WHS 2011 team for this update.  The Windows 8 fixes are great, and it's nice to see some other long-standing issues addressed, such as restore performance and being able to have the Launchpad start minimized.  Thank you.

Now, please drop the domain-join requirement WSE.  :-)

Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:26 PM
  • I received it, thanks Phil.

Don
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 10:05 PM
  • Thank you Gary!  We appreciate your acknowledgment.  Here is the KB:

2705118 Update Rollup 3 for Windows Home Server 2011 is available.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:50 AM
  • Ning, your link is wrong. It should be: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2705118
    Friday, September 7, 2012 10:38 AM