DataSet Designer: using app.config instead of properties and other questions RRS feed

• Question

• I have Data Access Layer that is a DLL project.  I have added an App.Config file to this project where i store my connection strings to my databases.  Currently when i use the dataset designer to create table adapters and stored procedure, the connection string it uses is written to the Properties settings which is in turn written to my App.Config as something in this format: "MyNameSpace.Properties.Settings.CONN_STR1"

1.  I would like DataSet designer to use my the existing connection string i have defined but it does not allow me to select from those choices when adding a new TableAdapter.  Is there a way i can force it to do this without modifying to auto-generated code for the designer class?

2.  Are the classes created for accessing the various table using connection pooling? Or do each create and close connections on every use?

thanks

• Moved by Zhi-Xin Ye Thursday, July 24, 2008 2:44 AM better to post on a WinForm fourm
    Friday, July 18, 2008 12:59 AM

Answers