i forget my password in wifi internet RRS feed

• Question

• i forgot my passowrd for my wifi internet on onecare. how can reset my password. because i have new computer and i tried to connect to the internet, but i couldnt connect, because i cant sign in.
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 9:44 PM

Answers

• You can reset your router to the factory defaults ( unsecured ) using the reset button. See your router documentation for instructions on how to do this. When your router is reset you can manually secure your wireless network following the instructions in the router documentation or at the router manufacturer website.

Jim
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 11:52 PM

All replies

• You can reset your router to the factory defaults ( unsecured ) using the reset button. See your router documentation for instructions on how to do this. When your router is reset you can manually secure your wireless network following the instructions in the router documentation or at the router manufacturer website.

Jim
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 11:52 PM
  • yes, it depends on the type of your router; different routers have different specs. As Jim said above, carefully follow the guiding steps mentioned in its manual.
    Good Luck.
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:43 PM