Windows Genuine Validation RRS feed

• Question

• One of the computers in my office are set up as a lab machine (it is set up to mirror the PCs we use in the filed). For security reasons none of the machines in the field have ActiveX installed. So in order to maintain a true lab environment my lab also does not have ActiveX. Yesterday a pop-up began to appear alerting me that my validation failed. When I click on details, it informs me that validation has failed due to ActiveX not being installed and prompts me to install it. Since I can not install ActiveX in order to maintain a true lab environment I decline. I have tried selecting the option to not show this message in the future, it then takes me to a page where I agree that the product I'm using is not genuine (I selected that even though it isn't true just to get read of the stupid pop-up) but once you select that option, there is no was to save or commit that selection. Is there a way to either validate my software without using ActiveX or is there a way to stop the pop-up from popping up?
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:07 PM

Answers