An unexpected error has occured 80004007E RRS feed

• Question

• On my WHS 2011 I'm trying to rename a server folder, but I'm getting the following error: "an unexpected error has occured 80004007E"

Any ideas on how I can resolve this?  Thank you.

• Edited by Jules1955 Monday, April 10, 2017 1:57 AM
    Monday, April 10, 2017 1:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that it failed to rename a folder on WHS 2011 with error “an unexpected error has occured 80004007E”.

I want to confirm with you that if this problem only happens on specific one folder as displayed in the screenshot? 

Is this a local folder which is created by yourself? Or, network sharing, or, created by other program/software?

In general, there will be more tabs such as General, Sharing, Security will be displayed when you open the folder properties.  It seems that there is no sufficient permissions to open/read/change the folder.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 9:01 AM
  • Error 0x007E means that a module is missing, it can also mean that it's corrupted.  A module generally is a DLL.

I would try and run the system file checker for corruption problems.

• Open an elevated command prompt (Run as Administrator)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • If any issues are found it should repair them
    • Reboot after and try again

Monday, April 10, 2017 3:26 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that it failed to rename a folder on WHS 2011 with error “an unexpected error has occured 80004007E”.

That is correct.

I want to confirm with you that if this problem only happens on specific one folder as displayed in the screenshot?

Yes, this only happens with one specific folder.  I've been able to rename all the other folders. 

Is this a local folder which is created by yourself? Or, network sharing, or, created by other program/software?

I created this folder.

In general, there will be more tabs such as General, Sharing, Security will be displayed when you open the folder properties.  It seems that there is no sufficient permissions to open/read/change the folder.

These are the same tabs that appeared when I renamed the other 4 folders.  

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 7:19 PM
  • Thanks for your response.  I tried this, but there were no errors/corruptions reported.

Any other suggestions?  Thank you.

Monday, April 10, 2017 7:48 PM
  • UPDATE: I removed the "Server Folder" and re-added it.  All is well.  Thanks for your assistance.
    Monday, April 10, 2017 8:08 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to update the result. Your detail sharing might be helpful for other people who has the similar problem.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:24 AM