How can I change my notification email for when I receive a new reply to one of my threads? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I used to login to MSDN Forums using this email: miguel_teixeira2002@hotmail.com (display name Miguel Txa).

A few weeks ago I changed my login email to migueltxa@gmail.com (display name Miguel T.) since I don’t use anymore the other email. The question is that now every time that I’m notified of a reply to one of my threads I receive an email on my old email and not on the new one!

How can I change this? Currently, I have to be constantly checking all my unanswered threads to see if I get a new reply.

Thanks.

Best,

Miguel.

Monday, November 16, 2009 3:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• There's a way to do this. Bear in mind that once you do this, you'll need to unsubscribe to threads from your previous login ID and re-subscribe using your new log id. To do this, following the steps in this thread.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/c66184df-0065-4a45-bc6d-f75369f7411e

If you wish not to recieve e-mail to your previous login ID, go to: http://alerts.live.com/ , click on your alerts, then select the Forum you want and click unsubscribe.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Forums Test Lead
    • Marked as answer by Miguel Txa Tuesday, November 17, 2009 1:43 PM
    Monday, November 16, 2009 9:24 PM
  • Hi Don Tan,

I say something incorrect in my previous message. In fact, for all the threads that I posted with migueltxa@gmail.com (display name Miguel T) I never received any alert in any of my 2 emails. For all the previous threads that I posted with miguel_teixeira2002@hotmail.com (display name Miguel Txa) I received an alert in this email.

Basically, I believe that I never received any alerts in migueltxa@gmail.com because that email has never been validated. I have just follow the steps mentioned in the website that you mentioned.

One clarification regarding unsubscribe and re-subscribing a thread. Does unsubscribe and re-subscribe a thread means that a thread that was previously associated with Miguel Txa can now be associated with Miguel T.? In fact, I would like to be able to do this. However, I try it but I think that I coudn't do it. For example, I sent you this thread using Miguel Txa (by mistake) but I wasn't able to re-associated with Miguel T. instead. What I have done is remove all the alerts that I had in Miguel Txa and activate alerts for those same threads for Miguel T.

Sorry, but forums and threads are kind of new to me.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
    Miguel.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 1:56 AM