ms dynamics crm 2011 - can we have plugin on the uploading the existing html web resource to the Entity Form? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

ms dynamics crm 2011 - can we have plugin on the uploading the existing html web resource to the Entity Form?

Following is the scenario, suppose I am having a custom Entity.

In this custom entity I have an "entity schema name" field where we can enter the schema name of the entity.

The schema name which is entered in the above example (in custom entity form), for that entity form's section we want to upload the existing html file.

e.g., in the custom Entity Form, I add a record and in that for "entity schema name" I enter "xyz"(Entity available in CRM)

Then in the xyz entity Form's section I want html web resource should get uploaded.

Can any one help me on creating Plugin for the same.

Thanks,

Rajeev

Rajeev

Thursday, October 4, 2012 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

if I'm understanding your use case correctly, you have a custom entity with a field that expects a schema name of another entity. When saving the custom entity, you want to add a web resource to the entity's form (sounds a bit like Activity Feeds).

I think you can accomlish this by hooking your plugin to the create event of the custom entity. In your plugin you can query the entity metadata and get the FormXML, that describes the layout of the Form of the entity. Then you can do some kind of manipulation of that FormXml, add your web resource and save it afterwards. Haven't tried it myself, but this is the approach I would try to take.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as answer if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.

Friday, October 5, 2012 7:15 AM