none
AI-100 Lab3 instructions don't match with the actual project RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I’m an AI-100 certified MCT . Preparing the training I found inconsistencies and problems in Lab3 of the AI-100 curriculum and wonder if anybody had the same experience:

Lab3, “Creating a Basic filtering bot”, as described in the instructions, I created a Web App Bot in my Azure account. Instructions for creating the WebAppBot resource are different from the actual Azure environment:

Problem, #1: The instructions mention 2 files, “botFilePath and botFileSecret located in App Service Settings > Application Settings > Application settings section of your Web App Bot service“, but they are nowhere to be found. Please see the attached screenshot . Hence I cannot enter these values in the local appsettings.json, see screenshot

Then I then downloaded the bot source code in C# . The files and contents do not match with the instructions: 

Inconsistency, #2: The solution and the project are not called “EchoBotWithCounter” as claimed in the instructions, but “EchoBot”. I renamed that as “PictureBot” as by the instructions. 

Inconsistency, #3: There is no “CounterState.cs” file to be renamed to “PictureState.cs”.

Inconsistency, #4: There is no “EchoBotAccessors.cs” file to be renamed to “PictureStateAccessors.cs”. Please see the attached screenshot 

Problem, #5: There is no “PictureBot.cs” directly under the project, but it’s under Bots, and is *very* different: it contained no OnTurnAsync Method to be replaced (I added it myself, pls see screenshot)  and no comments I can review – as instructed. 

Problem, #6: There is no .bot file formed in the root of the project after running the project in VS.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Regards.

Levent 

Monday, August 12, 2019 12:01 PM

All replies

• A response is in the issues tab in the github folder itself: All the labs of this training are out-of-date and broken, and Microsoft is planning an update in Aug-Sept 2019 timeframe. 
    github folder:  MicrosoftLearning + AI-100-Design-Implement-Azure-AISol + issues + 6
    Replace + with / for MSDN does not allow sending links.
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:16 AM