CRM 2011 Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi CRM Experts,

I want to do complete CRM 2011 installation on my laptop,

I am not sure that what all the things I will be requiring.

As I know there should be EMail Router Services,CRM 2011, and many things.

Can Anyone please guide me that how can I install all of them in a proper way ?

And What the components i will be requiring to get the CRM 2011 Developer version ?

Or is there something Called Image of CRM on Virtual Machine,As my basic purpose is to use CRM 2011 For POC developement Purpose.

Any suggestion will be helpful !!

Thanks

Ankit

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:47 AM

Answers

• Hello Ankit,

This is the CRM Installation Link,

and for POC purpose You can try CRM Online and if you have partner account,you can get Vm

and for development point of view you need VS 2010 or higher version is needed.

By Sanz. -- If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:59 AM
  • Hello,

If you have a server installed in your machine you can install Ms CRM, but most of the time devlopers used to create VPC image for MS CRM machine,so if you want to create VPC you can check and if you are microsoft partner you can dowload MS CRM 2011 VPC from microsoft partner source check this.

you can also check Installation Guide for complete instruction on MS CRM installation.

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Facebook Page
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:13 AM
  • To create a machine from scratch on your own you need the following installed on a virtual machine that you can run under hyper v. Note your laptop should be running on a 64 bit machine

1. Windows Server 2008

2. SQL Server 2008/2012 with Reporting Services installed

3. Windows Server should have AD configured and if u want a standalone system, it should be the Domain Server too.

Once you have the above, you should be able to install CRM 2011 on this system.

You may need an exchange service if you need to setup the email router. However a basic CRM system with the reports running should be available with Windows Server and SQL server correctly configured.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hello Ankit,

This is the CRM Installation Link,

and for POC purpose You can try CRM Online and if you have partner account,you can get Vm

and for development point of view you need VS 2010 or higher version is needed.

By Sanz. -- If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:59 AM
  • Hello,

If you have a server installed in your machine you can install Ms CRM, but most of the time devlopers used to create VPC image for MS CRM machine,so if you want to create VPC you can check and if you are microsoft partner you can dowload MS CRM 2011 VPC from microsoft partner source check this.

you can also check Installation Guide for complete instruction on MS CRM installation.

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Facebook Page
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:13 AM
  • To create a machine from scratch on your own you need the following installed on a virtual machine that you can run under hyper v. Note your laptop should be running on a 64 bit machine

1. Windows Server 2008

2. SQL Server 2008/2012 with Reporting Services installed

3. Windows Server should have AD configured and if u want a standalone system, it should be the Domain Server too.

Once you have the above, you should be able to install CRM 2011 on this system.

You may need an exchange service if you need to setup the email router. However a basic CRM system with the reports running should be available with Windows Server and SQL server correctly configured.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:46 AM