Unable to open money 2005 file RRS feed

• Question

• I’m desperately trying to recover my MS Money 2005 data file with no success. I’ve being using the updated Money version  since the beginning but after reinstalling it I’m not able to download the necessary update therefore I’m unable to open the Money file that I’ve being using for many years now. Tried all the solutions possible. Tried new versions of the program as well.

“Money can’t open this file because it was created using a different version of money.”

Please help

Saturday, July 9, 2011 10:14 AM

All replies

• You were, I'm guessing, using a version of Money2005 that was not the US version? UK perhaps?

Read more threads. You are not alone and many (most) of the thread lately deal with one form or another of this problem. There are reports that at some point there will be a solution made available by Microsoft. Maybe this will happen. In the interim, you will need to find some way to obtain a copy of the MNYCoreFiles for YOUR SPECIFIC localization of Money.

Good luck.

Saturday, July 9, 2011 12:20 PM
  • I have the Australian version. I could't locate the MNYCoreFiles anywhere for my region. I have tried every possible solution.
    Saturday, July 9, 2011 6:58 PM