Unable to install on XP x64 RRS feed

• Question

• Getting an error with version 2.0.2284.22 on Windows XP x64 with SP2 that the operating system is unsupported.  Its basically saying I need 32bit windows.

Error# 0003-800402CD

I thought version 2.0 beta was x64 compatible?

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 10:45 PM

Answers

• According to System Requirements XP is 32 bit only, Vista x64 is supported.

Windows XP SP2 for all editions including Home, Professional, Tablet PC, and Media Center editions; or Microsoft Windows Vista for these editions: Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, and Ultimate editions; X64 for Windows Vista

http://get.live.com/betas/onecare_sysreq

Thursday, July 12, 2007 12:31 AM

All replies

• According to System Requirements XP is 32 bit only, Vista x64 is supported.

Windows XP SP2 for all editions including Home, Professional, Tablet PC, and Media Center editions; or Microsoft Windows Vista for these editions: Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, and Ultimate editions; X64 for Windows Vista

http://get.live.com/betas/onecare_sysreq

Thursday, July 12, 2007 12:31 AM
  • Ahh, thanks Stephen, I missed that somehow!

Hope they make it compatible with XP x64 soon.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 1:19 AM
  • Is there an ETA for XP Pro x64 support?
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 5:19 AM
  • Personal opinion only - I suspect it will never be supported on XP64.

-steve

Friday, July 13, 2007 1:52 AM
  • We have approximately 25 xp 64 bit workstations and have no interest in Vista.

MS is going to find a lot of potential customers have gone elsewhere if they don't choose to support   XP 64 soon...

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 6:07 PM
  • i dont know if this is a relevent forum for this, but in light of the monster 'vista is slow' thread here on technet:

http://forums.microsoft.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1916777&SiteID=17

of which i am also a victim

i am probably about 3 weeks away from going back to XP. the olny snag is the 2gb barrier is now causing problems, and i am going 64bit from now on.

the point is, i realise microsoft wants to push vista, and leaving XP64 in the shadows helps the takeup, but XP64 is the mature product and i think not supporting it for sales/political reasons is a mistake.

please pass this comment on to the onecare team if you have contact.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:28 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback, Rich_R. We'll pass it on.

-steve

Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:19 PM
  • I am still getting the 0033 code and now i get a new one,"while initializing fusion setup could not load fusion w/load library
    shim (). errorSurprisex80131700. i've loaded so much to get past ,framework, that I am getting loaded. jimkinner
    Sunday, September 9, 2007 1:56 AM
  •  jimkinner wrote:
    I am still getting the 0033 code and now i get a new one,"while initializing fusion setup could not load fusion w/load library
    shim (). errorx80131700. i've loaded so much to get past ,framework, that I am getting loaded. jimkinner

Jimkinner,

You've posted to a thread on XP64 not supported, though it is with the same error.

What OS are you installing on and is this the 2.0 beta?

Have you removed any traces of .Net Framework 2.0 beta if it is XPSP2?

-steve

Monday, September 10, 2007 3:25 PM
  •  

That's just terrible of MS. It's one of their O/S's and they should support it until end of life cycle. I can't believe MS would bypass them. Just about everyone I know has made the switch in the last year to XP64.

Well then , that said, at least AVG Free edition now works with XP64.

I think it's sad that other compaines will support XP64 but MS thumbs their noses at it. Very bad PR.

Friday, September 21, 2007 5:58 PM
  • hi i just got windows live onecare today an i try to install onto my computer but it keep givin me the error page. why is that

Friday, September 21, 2007 10:33 PM
  •  topchef wrote:

hi i just got windows live onecare today an i try to install onto my computer but it keep givin me the error page. why is that

Are you trying to install a retail copy of OneCare?

You have posted to a thread in the beta folder for version 2.0. And the discussion you posted to is about the fact that Windows XP 64 bit edition is not supported. What operating system are you attempting to install OneCare on?

What is the error you are getting when you try to install?

-steve
    Saturday, September 22, 2007 1:52 AM