Back up XP DTP RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi I am new to Home Server 2011 and I am struggling to back up my computers to the server. I have installed the software and I have two drives installed :

1<sup>st</sup> drive is 250gb and has two partitions one 60GB (C:) and one 172.8GB (E:), this came with the server

The 2<sup>nd</sup> drive 2TB (D:) I have installed, I was aiming to use the D drive to back up my two DTP’s and one LTP

I have set u directories on the D drive for this

However whenever I try to back up I cant select the destination address for the data, so the back just writes to the E drive, 172GB is not even going to be enough space

Both of the DTP’s have windows XP media edition SP3 installed and the LTP has <place w:st="on">Vista</place> home Premium SP2

What am I doing wrong, why cant I select the drive and directory I want to back up to, or am I misunderstanding how Server 2011 works ?

Thanks for any help

Thursday, March 8, 2012 5:58 PM

All replies

• All client backups are written to a single database; you can't pick an choose on a 'er client basis which backups go on which drive. You can, however, move the entire client backup database to another drive using the dashboard.

You can learn about backups (both server and client) in the online help.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Thursday, March 8, 2012 7:10 PM