locked
CRM 3.0 Outlook add-in Offline Client Problem RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I've setup a CRM 3.0 server recently, and I can connect using IE7 and the light version of the Outlook add-in perfectly. Nevertheless, when I setup in a laptop the offline version of the Outlook add-in, i browse to the Microsoft CRM folders and i repeatedly get this error:

    "An error has occurred in the script on this page"

    If I click on properties for Microsoft CRM, it points to http://localhost:2525 instead of the url of my CRM server. If I'm still online, and didn't switch to offline mode, is it correct to point locally? Shouldn't it point to my online CRM server?

    Any clue would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
    Friday, March 28, 2008 12:08 AM

Answers

  • I believe it is correct to use localhost even when online.   The key thing between online and offline is which SQL database is used.

     

    I suspect that the script error may be related to the security settings for Internet Explorer zones (Tools | Internet Options, Security). You could try resetting them to default.

     

     

    Friday, March 28, 2008 8:25 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • I believe it is correct to use localhost even when online.   The key thing between online and offline is which SQL database is used.

     

    I suspect that the script error may be related to the security settings for Internet Explorer zones (Tools | Internet Options, Security). You could try resetting them to default.

     

     

    Friday, March 28, 2008 8:25 PM
    Moderator
  • Thank you for the info, that's what I needed to know.

    As workaround, I have uninstalled and reinstalled again, but this time with version 3C, and works perfectly.
    Tuesday, April 1, 2008 8:53 AM
  • check IE security settings,

     

     

    Also yes use http://localhost  instead of with port

     

    Regards,

    Imran

     

    http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

     

    Monday, April 7, 2008 12:46 PM
    Moderator