Familiar in All Languages or Proficient in one or two? Tips to be a wanted software engineer intern? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am a junior in university double majoring Computer Science and Math, my goal is to be a insightful software engineer or to go into computer security.

There are a lot of programming/scripting languages and concepts in the computer world, should I be familiar with all the languages or should I just choose one or two languages I love and be super proficient at it?

I really like Java, but I have heard plenty of people saying it is dying. I recently started looking into C# and Microsoft Azure, and I think it is super interesting and really naive to Microsoft systems. If I need to choose two, I will most likely choose C# and Java and/or Python. Any suggestions?

Also, I have submitted applications to intern as Software Engineer to multiple companies, but I have not gotten an opportunity to be interviewed before being rejected. What are the things that I need to improve and cover in my resume and cover letter? 

Thank you,

Sunny

Monday, November 12, 2018 5:05 AM