none
The case of the disappearing Windows Mail

Question

• Moons ago I used Mail with no problems.

Upgraded to win 7 64 bit and It disappeared so I changed to moz Thunderbird but Friday had more problems so wanted to change back to Mail. After MUCH searching found that Mail was disabled by the upgrade but still available. Yesterday found how to reactivate created accounts and it worked fine. Great I thought - silly me. today did some updates for security items and Windows Service pack 1. Yes Windows mail has disappeared again.

Come on Microsoft service packs should not disable installed applications.

Now have different problems. brought items back into view, click on Windows Mail, get circle to say click working but nothing happens i.e.nothing on screen. checked hidden icons and one says you have mail, checked task manager says Windows mail is running so where is the screen to read/send mail.

This is driving me round the bend (and I don't have far to go ) anyone any ideas please

Keith

PS Mods please move if wrong fourum

Monday, May 9, 2011 4:07 PM

All replies

• I too, have encountered the same problem last year. Is there anyone from the MS here that can help shed light on this issue?

Thanks!

Jana Jade

Flowers London

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:22 PM
  • Just a quick update as Microsoft struck again today.

Did the windows updates and found that both command prompt and regedit had both " Been disabled by the system administrator" since I am the sole user Why has this happened?

Puts me off doing any updates

___

Keith

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:23 PM