Job scheduling RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I want jobs submitted to HPC Job Manager to start at a specific time. Is this possible? It seems as a pretty elementary function, but I can't find it anywhere!

Regards,

Daniel

Thursday, May 26, 2011 12:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The HiperLogic Activation Filter (HAF)  includes this functionality and we have customers using it with Abaqus.

-Rod

• Marked as answer by DATanner Monday, May 30, 2011 8:43 AM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 8:03 PM

All replies

• Hi!

I want jobs submitted to HPC Job Manager to start at a specific time. Is this possible? It seems as a pretty elementary function, but I can't find it anywhere!

Regards,

Daniel

Hi,

How are you submitting the jobs? through the Cluster manager or using APIs?

Regards,

Sridutt

Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:11 PM
  • The jobs are submitted directly from the application, in this case Abaqus/CAE. Abaqus generates a HPC job XML-file with defined tasks. The job then turns up in the queue in Job manager.

The question is both specific for my needs, but also is it possible to do this in a general way?

Thanks,
    Daniel

Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:48 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately, there is no way of setting time when you expect your job to start. Job submitted to Windows HPC Scheduler will start as soon as possible depending on the resource requirements, other jobs in the queue, available resources, current scheduling policy setting etc.

I think one of the possible workarounds might be to use Task Scheduler, which is part of Windows, to execute job submitting commands at specific time.

Regards,
    Łukasz

• Marked as answer by DATanner Friday, May 27, 2011 7:33 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by DATanner Monday, May 30, 2011 8:43 AM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:19 PM
  • Hi Łukasz,

Thank you for your answer, that's all I needed to hear. :)

regards,
    Daniel

Friday, May 27, 2011 7:34 AM
  • Hi,

The HiperLogic Activation Filter (HAF)  includes this functionality and we have customers using it with Abaqus.

-Rod

• Marked as answer by DATanner Monday, May 30, 2011 8:43 AM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 8:03 PM
  • Very interesting, thanks!

/Daniel

Monday, May 30, 2011 8:44 AM