none
Why isn't there an App Marketing forum? RRS feed

• Question

• First of all, there is no App Marketing forum where one can discuss issues related to app discoverability, marketing, etc. So I'm posting my question here.

Microsoft is heavily promoting Desktop App Converter to invite all win32/.net/wpf app developers to make apps for Windows store. But where is the app discoverability in Windows Store? If I search by a keyword, hundreds of apps come up with no particular order. The listing is dominated by free apps, even with no ratings. Moreover, some key apps are missing in the list if their title doesn't contain the keyword even if they might have assigned that keyword when listing on the store.

How do you make your app prominent on the store? At the moment, the only way seems to be to promote externally by your own web site and send users to the store to look with the exact name of your app. But then if the store has no inbuilt feature for marketing or discoverability, what is the point of listing on the store? If I spend on Adwords to promote an app, why should I send the user to the store? At least, all the keywords in app description should be honored when presenting the search results.

Am I missing something here? 

• Moved by Baron Bi Tuesday, July 3, 2018 7:55 AM Not about development
    Sunday, June 24, 2018 4:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

thanks for posting here.

This forum is about desktop application development. Since your case is more related to Windows store, not development, I suggest you try this forum below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Or send feedback to Windows store.

Hope this could be help of you.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SanjaySk Sunday, April 14, 2019 7:51 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2018 6:28 AM