windows xp validation and office 2010 professional and project 2010 RRS feed

Answers

• Hello jesthon900,

The mgadiag utility does not report on Office 2010 installations.  Which edition of Office 2010 you have, and the manner in which you acquired Office 2010 is a pretty good indicator of whether it is Genuine or not.  For example, if you have Office Professional 2010 and purchased traditional packaged discs, or a product key card, at a major local retailer or well-known respected online retailer, it's very likely you have Genuine product.  OTOH, if you purchased Office Professional 2010 discs and packaging but the installed product calls itself Office Professional Plus 2010, and you purchased from a street vendor or online auciton site such as eBay, or the product was already installed on the computer when you bough it, then it is very likely that you do NOT have Genuine product.

At the moment, your Compaq currently has a Volume Licensing installation of XP Pro on it. Volume Licenses are used by larger business, educational and governmental entitites only, and should not be used by individual consumers.

Your Compaq computer is of a vintage that would have come from Compaq with OEM licenses for either Windows XP Home or Windows XP Pro.  Look on the computer's case (top, sides, back) for a Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) sticker---if there is one, that will tell you what the computer was originally licensed to run. Post back and let us know.

• Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by jesthon900 Friday, February 17, 2012 3:47 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hello jesthon900,

The mgadiag utility does not report on Office 2010 installations.  Which edition of Office 2010 you have, and the manner in which you acquired Office 2010 is a pretty good indicator of whether it is Genuine or not.  For example, if you have Office Professional 2010 and purchased traditional packaged discs, or a product key card, at a major local retailer or well-known respected online retailer, it's very likely you have Genuine product.  OTOH, if you purchased Office Professional 2010 discs and packaging but the installed product calls itself Office Professional Plus 2010, and you purchased from a street vendor or online auciton site such as eBay, or the product was already installed on the computer when you bough it, then it is very likely that you do NOT have Genuine product.

At the moment, your Compaq currently has a Volume Licensing installation of XP Pro on it. Volume Licenses are used by larger business, educational and governmental entitites only, and should not be used by individual consumers.

Your Compaq computer is of a vintage that would have come from Compaq with OEM licenses for either Windows XP Home or Windows XP Pro.  Look on the computer's case (top, sides, back) for a Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) sticker---if there is one, that will tell you what the computer was originally licensed to run. Post back and let us know.

• Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by jesthon900 Friday, February 17, 2012 3:47 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:38 PM
  • im working in our company and this computer has a volume license with it.i see and oem key of windows xp pro..in back of my cpu but i dont use the oem key...

my office professional 2010 i buy it in net and they gave me a mak key i buy it in ebay i dont know if this office 2010 is genuine i buy it for 100$ before i install that ofiice i have a office enterprise 2007..

pls help me

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:46 PM
  • "jesthon900" wrote in message news:e30e757a-6a72-4e3f-aeef-9c12fe303923...

im working in our company and this computer has a volume license with it.i see and oem key of windows xp pro..in back of my cpu but i dont use the oem key...

my office professional 2010 i buy it in net and they gave me a mak key i buy it in ebay i dont know if this office 2010 is genuine i buy it for 100$ before i install that ofiice i have a office enterprise 2007..

pls help me

Take it as a given that the Office 2010 is a fake, until you can confirm the source is legit. Where did you get it from, and in what form was it sold? The price is way too low to be a genuine copy of Pro – let alone Project!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, February 17, 2012 8:52 AM
  • ebay thats the website i buy a full volume office pro 2010 for 3 pc license this is the key a mak key i activate it by net 6QFDX-PYH2G-PPYFD-C7RJM-BBKQ8 this is a mak key hope you can help me the price is low cause its discounted,,,

Friday, February 17, 2012 11:33 AM
  • "jesthon900" wrote in message news:0010dc91-7244-49c4-b20c-781e526565e5...

ebay thats the website i buy a full volume office pro 2010 for 3 pc license this is the key a mak key i activate it by net 6QFDX-PYH2G-PPYFD-C7RJM-BBKQ8 this is a mak key hope you can help me the price is low cause its discounted,,,

There is no such thing as an Office Pro for 3pc license – this is a Fake.
    The Key is a well-published one and consequently will fail activation and validation.
    You will have to claim a refund from the vendor, and purchase a legal copy of Office.

Friday, February 17, 2012 12:37 PM
  • "jesthon900" wrote in message news:86989094-d4be-40dc-9321-d5ed077b6950...

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-M6PX2-V96BF-8CKBJ

This Key is a heavily- published one , and therefore should have been blocked.

Darin will possibly be able to confirm that later.

Friday, February 17, 2012 12:41 PM