backup with limited user signed on RRS feed

• Question

• I am running three pc's with windows SP and a usb hadr drive for backup connected to one of the pc's .  OneCare will only let me back up if I have an admin user signed on.  I want to be able to have the kids signed on as limited users, yet still have the backup process.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dennis
    Monday, December 10, 2007 4:00 PM

Answers

• My son's account is a limited account - scheduled backups work fine, I haven't tried a manual one though.

Tom

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:05 PM
  • To clarify.

A limited account user doesn't seem able to start a tune up or a back up manually but if they are scheduled there isn't a problem.

Tom

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 6:54 PM

All replies

• I don't have experience with the backup feature and limited user accounts, but if the backup is scheduled, it should work as long as the logged on User account has full rights to the backup drive Share. I don't think that a Limited user can start the backup though as they can't access the OneCare options.

-steve

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:21 AM
  • My son's account is a limited account - scheduled backups work fine, I haven't tried a manual one though.

Tom

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:05 PM
  • Thanks, Tom.

-steve

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 1:32 AM
  • To clarify.

A limited account user doesn't seem able to start a tune up or a back up manually but if they are scheduled there isn't a problem.

Tom

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 6:54 PM