Freight tax RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for the best way to calculate tax on freight based on the ship to address.  An example would be if I ship a bike to SD, the freight on that item would be taxable; however, if I send the same item to ND, the freight would be taxable.

Thank you,

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 4:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

you can add the following scripts to onsave event,

var rate=0.8;// change depending on shipping location

crmForm.all.totaltax.DataValue=(crmForm.all.totalamountlessfreight.DataValue+crmForm.all.freightamount.DataValue)*rate;

Regards,

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:20 PM
  • The "best" way (and the way I would implement it) would probably be within a plugin (registered for Create/Update); however, this would require .NET programming skills.

You could store State -> tax rate mappings in a custom entity and update the calculated tax every time an item is created/updated.

--pogo (pat)

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you can add the following scripts to onsave event,

var rate=0.8;// change depending on shipping location

crmForm.all.totaltax.DataValue=(crmForm.all.totalamountlessfreight.DataValue+crmForm.all.freightamount.DataValue)*rate;

Regards,

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:20 PM
  • The "best" way (and the way I would implement it) would probably be within a plugin (registered for Create/Update); however, this would require .NET programming skills.

You could store State -> tax rate mappings in a custom entity and update the calculated tax every time an item is created/updated.

--pogo (pat)

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:48 PM