Windows Home Server....NOT serving RRS feed

• Question

• It boggles my mind how bad this thing is. I cannot connect to WHS with W7Ult .I got my MAC running so I really don't get the issue. I have a gateway 2wire router with firewall. I can see that all devices are active and all are on the same default IP. So what gives? This is my husbands computer and I'm just about ready to pitch it after spending almost a week on this! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Connector Troubleshooter Results

The Windows Home Server Connector Troubleshooter tests are now complete. Potential issues are displayed below. It is important to follow the recommendations to resolve potential Windows Home Server issues.

Cannot connect to the server (yet both are connected to the server)

transport IP address mismatch between discovery and name resolution

Cannot connect to the server backup

Two or more network adapters are active

Cannot connect to the server secure internal Web site

Cannot connect to the server internal Web site (ASPX page)

Cannot connect to the server internal Web site (password hint page)

Cannot connect to the server internal Web site (simple page)

Cannot connect to the server internal Web services

Cannot connect to the server internal secure Web services Name resolution failed

Cannot ping server by name More than one IP address

Friday, August 16, 2013 9:11 PM

All replies

• It boggles my mind how bad this thing is. I cannot connect to WHS with W7Ult .I got my MAC running so I really don't get the issue. I have a gateway 2wire router with firewall. I can see that all devices are active and all are on the same default IP. So what gives? This is my husbands computer and I'm just about ready to pitch it after spending almost a week on this! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Connector Troubleshooter Results

The Windows Home Server Connector Troubleshooter tests are now complete. Potential issues are displayed below. It is important to follow the recommendations to resolve potential Windows Home Server issues.

Cannot connect to the server (yet both are connected to the server)

transport IP address mismatch between discovery and name resolution

Cannot connect to the server backup

Two or more network adapters are active

Cannot connect to the server secure internal Web site

Cannot connect to the server internal Web site (ASPX page)

Cannot connect to the server internal Web site (password hint page)

Cannot connect to the server internal Web site (simple page)

Cannot connect to the server internal Web services

Cannot connect to the server internal secure Web services Name resolution failed

Cannot ping server by name More than one IP address

(emphasis added)

Your server has multiple NICs? Disable one; multiple NICs are an unsupported configuration.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Saturday, August 17, 2013 12:17 AM
  • Hey, thanks. I am not sure what you mean by NIC's but I have an active Ethernet connection (I think private network or LAN) and my husbands Blackberry has another connection (I think thru USB) ,one more that is set up for wireless (with that 801 profile). There is also a connection that is disabled that is for MS support. I am also wondering if maybe there is something wrong with the path? I use Apple so I admit a lot of this is very confusing for me! I've tried all the troubleshooters I can find and checked the system and there is nothing wrong. I think I have to either: -create a new network connection (no idea how to do this) - see if there are multiple paths and verify the correct one (again...no clue) - reinstall WHS from disc What do u think? Again, thanks so much for taking the time to help out a newbie ;)

I really need some help on this issue. Both of the discs on my HP MediaSmart server are now FULL! I bought another 1T disc today but I have no way to access it because neither the HP software installation disc or the WHS connector will work. I am so frustrated by this as and I don't have a clue what to do. If I run the restore discs won't I lose all my data? How can I even back the data up to something else if I have no way to access it? I have over 2 thousand family photos etc and my entire music library on this and it makes me sick to think that now I am going to lose all of that. Please someone must have some info on how I can resolve this!!! Thanks

• Edited by lilkurty Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:58 AM
    Saturday, August 17, 2013 4:04 PM