none
Renaming folder deletes old folder and creates new folder with new name? RRS feed

• Question

• Here is the situation:

-- I have Echo pair between folders

-- Left folder named "A" and its files was Echoing till now with right folder with same name "A"

-- I renamed "A" with "B" on left side.  While Echoing I saw that on right side a new empty folder "B" was created and the files in old "A" were copied there and then "A" was deleted on right side. 

So what I have understood from this (correct me if I am wrong) is that you rename a folder on left side than on right instead of "just renaming" the Synctoy creates new folder then transfers the file from old folder and then deletes the old folder?!

If this is what happens than its a strain on time and resources as everytime deletion/copying happens and leftover deleted data on external hard drive will require more defragmentation. 

Or maybe my observation is wrong?!  Any help?  I know MS unfortunately suspended support/development of this excellent software but was hoping for the best.

@Liam_Cavanagh 

hi

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 8:03 PM

All replies

• Microsoft's old software team was great.. making useful softwares which actually worked.  That's the reason people still use stuff like SyncToy even though it does not support any more.

hi

Friday, October 5, 2018 2:45 PM