Why can't I uninstall Office 2007? RRS feed

• Question

• I've already tried everything on the microsoft web site from deleting every individual file, trying system recovery, looking for corrupt files, that install cleaner thing, nothing is working.

Everytime I try to manually delete something I get messages saying I've been denied access even though I am the administrative.

All I wanted to do was uninstall and reinstall office 2007 because I couldn't get a screen up for anything in office, I figured I could uninstall whatever corrupt file keeping me from viewing Office and reinstall it new but no I get this error "This patch package could not be opened. Verify the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the app vendor" and so on.

I'm lost, I can't install Office 2007 or uninstall, I can't open my documents with word pad because office is still on my computer and when I do try to open them with another program I get boxes and symbols.

When i click on the office icons it prepares to install then gives me the error message, when I go to add/remove programs nothing happens when I try to remove Office 2007.

I just want to be able to open my documents, uninstall and hopefully reinstall Office 2007
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:29 AM

Answers