How to pass parameters on to New Contact form RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In my CRM 2013 on our Contact form we have a field called "Company Name" that is a lookup to entity type Account and creates a relationship to the parent Account. I have a subgrid of Contacts on my Account form and when we click the + symbol on it, a New Contact form will open, and the Company Name field will automatically be populated with the parent account.

THE PROBLEM:

When we add Phone Call activities on the Account, a Contact is required in the "Call To" field. If the Contact doesn't exist, you have the option of clicking (+ New) and adding a new Contact. HOWEVER, when you create a contact this way, this system does not automatically fill in the Company Name and the Contact that is created on the phone call is not tied to the parent account.

YOUR ADVICE:

On our Phone Call form, we have a "Regarding" field that ties the phone call to the parent account. How can I achieve this: When a user opens the "Call To" field and selects (+ New), how can I pass the contents of the "Regarding" field on the Phone Call form so that it automatically populates the "Company Name" field on the New Contact form?

I greatly appreciate any help that you are able to give me. Thanks.

Friday, November 7, 2014 3:59 PM

All replies

• hello,

could you please post some pictures of what you want to do so that we can help?.

does the phone form has the entity information filled in regarding or to field?.

regards

Jithesh

Sunday, November 9, 2014 8:59 AM
  • Hi,

I don't think, it is possible to show information on Load of the form with out knowing any information. The simple solution would be making the company name as mandatory in Contact form and let the user selects it. So that you won't see any orphan contacts. 

--

Regards,

Gopinath.

Monday, November 17, 2014 12:03 PM