CRM 2015 - Create a customized "Personal Wall", or alter settings on existing "What's New"/Personal Wall RRS feed

• Question

• I have created an unmanaged solution, and am doing some tentative changes to some existing forms, publishing, them, etc., to get a "feel" for what's going on.

So, in my solution, I copied the existing "Sales Activity Social Dashboard", and simply moved the "Activities" up to the top of the form.  I seem to ALWAYS get an error saving changes in my solution, but the changes get saved, and they work, regardless of the error.

Anyway - second step - I want to change the filter on the "What's New" (Personal Wall) l on my new Sales Activity Social Dashboard, and default the "All Records" selector to something other than "All" - say "My Open Leads".  But the "Personal Wall" under "Web Resources" for the solution is not customizable.

Can this be altered?  Or must I re-create the form and name it something else, placing it on the Dashboard?  Isn't there a way, even if something isn't customizable, to copy it to a new <form/web resource/whatever> and rename it, and then modify it?

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 2:18 PM

All replies

• some things that aren't customizable can be copied by opening them and choosing "Save As" and naming it something different.  This will generate a copy.  Also a really easy way to make your own entity forms without starting from scratch.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:29 PM
  • It appears this particular one isn't.

Solution->Components->Web Resources ("View All") and then select "Personal Wall".  I see no option to alter it (marked "False" under customizable), and I don't see an option to copy it/save it under another name.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 4:38 PM