none
Exceeds 10 computers Connector Error - Recovering from loss of all computers and Server RRS feed

• Question

• My HP Media Smart server system drive died in December.

before i had a chance to replace and restore the server system drive, I had 3 laptops die on me.  Basically all but 1 very old dell. 

I successfully recovered the server with one of the dead machines i was able to resurect temporarily, i connected it to the server, but then the laptop died again before i could progress to the point of accessing my back ups.

I was not able to install the connector on my very old dell laptop.

I have a new dell laptop that has windows 7, i installed the connector successfully, but now i can't register this computer because the server has hit the 10 computer limit.  I have NO COMPUTER to connect to the server as they are all dead, or my parent's machines (they don't live here). 

How do i get around this?  how can i remove computers from the server if i can't connect to it through the console?

Monday, April 9, 2012 8:09 PM

Answers

• Try a Remote Desktop Connection to your Server with your new laptop (use "Administrator" and its associated password) and run the Console from there. Remove one of the old computers that you no longer need, thus reducing the number of connected computers to 9. You should then be able to install the Connector on your new laptop and run the Console as normal.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:22 AM

All replies

• Try a Remote Desktop Connection to your Server with your new laptop (use "Administrator" and its associated password) and run the Console from there. Remove one of the old computers that you no longer need, thus reducing the number of connected computers to 9. You should then be able to install the Connector on your new laptop and run the Console as normal.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:22 AM
  • That is exactly what i needed!  Now I just need to access my back up from my recovered server.  That will be the next thread.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:02 PM