Swapping over versions between Computers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I wondered if anyone could shed some light as to what the best and easiest way is to swap over two versions of Vista please.

I have two computers, one with Windows XP home and one with Vista Home Premium, Both genuine versions. The Vista Home computer is an Alienware one which came initially with XP Pro, I purchased Vista Home premium and re-installed this.

I've now received a free upgrade from Alienwares upgrade program of Vista Business.

I want to;

1. Unvalidate Vista Home on my Alienware computer and upgrade this computer to Vista Business
    2. Upgrade my XP Home computer to the Vista Home Premium I had installed on the other computer

My question is, can I do this and if I can whats the best way to go about it

I guess I can do this however i'm a bit unsure about the validation aspects of the process and don't want to end up with an unvalidated version on one of the computers

Thanks in advance

Matthew

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 9:26 AM

Answers

• Because this forum is dedicated to validation issues, you’ll need to contact outside support for the expertise necessary to troubleshoot your non-validation related issue.  You can do so by posting or searching in the Vista pubic newsgroups, found here: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx or by following this link to Product Support Services.  Microsoft has a 90 day free support period that starts on the day you first acquire Vista. 

If you bought your computer pre-installed with Vista either from a computer store or an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) like Dell or Gateway, you’ll need to contact them for support.

Thank you!

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 6:12 PM