Adding incoming emails to Queues in CRM 2011 when coming from a webform? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

We want to create a webform where customers can ask questions and the email will then be forwarded to a Queue in Dynamics CRM 2011 using the CRM sink mailbox. We also want the email to be attached to the correct record of the customer as the customer will also need to fill out some basic info such as first name, last name and this will create a record for them. As the customer is filling out a form and asking a question, im assuming the queue item in the queue will not show their email address but the webform email address and therefore will not attach to the correct record. Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks
    David

David Kelly

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:01 AM

All replies

• If you capture in the web form the user's email address, you can create a process that maps the record created to an existing customer by email address. You can go a step further, with validation, and if the customer does not have a record in the system, a temporary customer record can be created automatically. You should put these new record in an approval queue, so you don't end up with record unless they are approved. This about it this way: new customer comes in, fills in the form, a temp customer record is created in the system. If within x number of days the record is not approved, it can be discarded automatically. It all depends on your business rules. Without capturing an email address from the user, it's a lot less accurate to try to map by name with existing records. Some customization will be required to achieve this.
    • Proposed as answer by Nico-TMVP Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:30 PM
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:30 PM
  • Thanks Nico,

I intend to capture the contact's email address but i'm still not clear how I would map the record to an existing record by email address and add the email enquiry on the form to a Queue as a Queue item which displays the contact's first name and last name subject of email? Can you explain how I would go about doing that?

I currently have a queue set up in CRM 2011 which contains emails from existing contact records and I can see their first name, last name and email subject line. Can i acheive the same using a online webform?

Regards
    Dave

David Kelly

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:45 PM