Streets & Trips search bar no longer working with 'name' field RRS feed

• Question

• Somehow our search bar no longer works to look up by customers' names.  How can we restore this functionality?  We have hundreds of addresses we import into Streets & Trips and can pull them up by name, but we can no longer do that in the search bar displayed in the Advanced toolbar.  We can only look them up by hitting Ctrl + F, then clicking on the Places/Data tab...very time consuming!  Please help! 

Friday, November 4, 2011 12:16 PM

All replies

• Wow....I have the same issue. I even reloaded the software but when I type a name into the seach box it doesn't open..Or more accuratly it flashes open for a milli second and closes.

Friday, November 4, 2011 3:18 PM
  • EXACTLY!  And I was on the phone with Microsoft's Tech Support yesterday for over an hour and they told me that was completely normal...that the software was not originally built with the capability to look up by the name field, only by address.  Not true!  I've used the software, numerous versions, since 2006.  VERY frustrating. 

This happened on the 2011 version, I then uninstalled it, reinstalled it, no help.  Then I reinstalled the 2010 version, and same problem.  However, looking up by the name does still work on the 2006 version though.

Friday, November 4, 2011 3:31 PM
  • I too have this problem - and it is a BIG PROBLEM. I have used this software for years. Currently I have over 500 locations plotted and frequently search for any one of them by name.

THIS MUST BE FIXED!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 4:56 PM
  • Agreed. This feature worked until yesterday on my 2011 version and every other version prior to it.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 5:01 PM
  • Has anyone tried looking up by name recently?  Miraculously, our 2011 version is working as normal today.  Other than doing the usual computer updates, I didn't do anything to "fix" the problem.
    Monday, November 14, 2011 8:43 PM