CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Error When Opening Outlook RRS feed

• Question

•  

When you open the Outlook Online Client the following message is displayed in the event log:

Event Type:    Error
    Event Source:    MSCRMAddin
    Event Category:    None
    Event ID:    5906
    Date:        2008-5-26
    Time:        12:24:57
    User:        N/A
    Computer:   
    Description:
    The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in was not initialized because the user's time zone could not be updated. 

Is there a permission needed for clients to have access to the time zone info?  If the user is a member of the pre-defined security group in CRM 4.0 called System Admin's group the time zone info updates correctly when you open Outlook, and after removing the user from this group, adding them back to the custom group, re-open the client the error is gone and everything is OK.  First time you open the Client under the "custom" security group you run into this issue. 

Any tips on which permission setting to research further that the security group needs? 

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:49 PM

Answers

•  

try recreating your custom security group, making sure to copy a system group rather than just creating one from scratch.

Sounds like something behind the scenes is missing for the custom security group.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:02 PM

All replies

• see hotfixes

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949256/en-us

Regards,

Imran

Thursday, May 29, 2008 7:14 AM
  • Thanks, I just don't see any hotfixes that apply to this situation.  Did you have a KB in mind?

Thursday, May 29, 2008 2:15 PM
  •  

try recreating your custom security group, making sure to copy a system group rather than just creating one from scratch.

Sounds like something behind the scenes is missing for the custom security group.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:02 PM
  • Hello
    I have the same problem. I clicked disconnect (go offline) and it worked right.
    But next time that I would like to open the Outlook I started to receive the same error.
    Could you solve it?

My laptop is in different domain than server and use an user to log to my laptop and other one to connect to CRM.

The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in was not initialized because the user's time zone could not be updated.  Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80040216. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=656.

Sunday, July 5, 2009 1:14 AM