Do we pay microsoft some money if we develop and sell a c# or VB build softwares including both phone and PC's???? RRS feed

• Question

• Hy Guys i really dont' know where to ask this type of question... Plz give some suugestions regarding these...
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:39 PM

Answers

• Do we pay microsoft some money if we develop and sell a c# or VB build softwares including both phone and PC's????

I haven't heard any such news !!!

Yes, You need to pay for the software products (licenses) which you buy from Microsoft. However, the code which you develop/write belongs to you, you don't have to pay anything for that as far as I know.

Moreover, this question is more of a IP (Intellectual Property) related one and I doubt there exists any such MS forum for such discussions.

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:04 PM
  • Read your Eula.txt file in the "Microsoft Visual Studio X.x" folder under Program Files (x86) or Program Files.

For me, it's under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition - ENU"

For further clarification, perhaps you can post in the Visual Studio Setup and Installation forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:16 PM

All replies

• Do we pay microsoft some money if we develop and sell a c# or VB build softwares including both phone and PC's????

I haven't heard any such news !!!

Yes, You need to pay for the software products (licenses) which you buy from Microsoft. However, the code which you develop/write belongs to you, you don't have to pay anything for that as far as I know.

Moreover, this question is more of a IP (Intellectual Property) related one and I doubt there exists any such MS forum for such discussions.

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:04 PM
  • Read your Eula.txt file in the "Microsoft Visual Studio X.x" folder under Program Files (x86) or Program Files.

For me, it's under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition - ENU"

For further clarification, perhaps you can post in the Visual Studio Setup and Installation forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:16 PM
  • Hay santosh , it also seems that my code is mine (: p) , but let's search more ?? The question is critical , isn't it?
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:09 PM
  • hy karl , no txt found ;(
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:10 PM
  • hy karl , no txt found ;(

Did you ask in the forum Karl linked to?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:47 AM
  • asked ,right now!
    Sunday, September 30, 2012 9:40 AM