none
MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-513) RRS feed

Answers

• As far as I know the book is not released so far. So if you have to pass the exam, then I would work through the 3.5 Version book (50-503) instead. And then check the Visual Studio 2010 Training Kit for updates / new stuff.

I got reports that people had no problems passing the exam that way. But I didn't do it so far, so I cannot give more details.

I hope that helped a little.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 12:23 PM
    Answerer
  • I have passed 70-511 and 70-503, I think they require a broad knowledge of the subject which unless you are a consultant in WCF you are unlikely to get through work alone.  The 503 Training guide should give you enough to pass along with the practice tests.  Study the areas you do not know from the practice tests results.  Use the links to the MSDN from the explanations of the questions (if you run tests in practice mode).  I recommend doing the exercises to help you learn.  As Konrad says check out the new features for 4.0, there are not many and they are straightforward.  I feel 70-511 is easier than 70-503, I think that they probably ask questions that are more 'main stream' than in the previous exam.

Good Luck,

Geoff

MCPD * 6

Monday, October 18, 2010 4:46 PM

All replies

• As far as I know the book is not released so far. So if you have to pass the exam, then I would work through the 3.5 Version book (50-503) instead. And then check the Visual Studio 2010 Training Kit for updates / new stuff.

I got reports that people had no problems passing the exam that way. But I didn't do it so far, so I cannot give more details.

I hope that helped a little.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 12:23 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Konrad,

Thanks for your answer.

As I have never taken a Microsoft exam before, do you have any advise on how to prepare for it (do you think the Training Kit is enough)? Any hints and tips?

Thanks again,

Francois.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:20 PM
  • I have passed 70-511 and 70-503, I think they require a broad knowledge of the subject which unless you are a consultant in WCF you are unlikely to get through work alone.  The 503 Training guide should give you enough to pass along with the practice tests.  Study the areas you do not know from the practice tests results.  Use the links to the MSDN from the explanations of the questions (if you run tests in practice mode).  I recommend doing the exercises to help you learn.  As Konrad says check out the new features for 4.0, there are not many and they are straightforward.  I feel 70-511 is easier than 70-503, I think that they probably ask questions that are more 'main stream' than in the previous exam.

Good Luck,

Geoff

MCPD * 6

Monday, October 18, 2010 4:46 PM