CRM 2011 - Add Find and Add View buttons missing RRS feed

• Question

• In CRM 2011, I want to add "Alias" to the list of fields that can be searched in the Lookup View.  However when I edit the entity, Account, there is no Add Find or Add View option.  Instead, I just have Add Column:

I am setup as a System Administrator and System Customizer, so I don't believe that it's a security issue.  Could someone point me in the right direction and let me know if I'm looking in the wrong place or else how I can enable those menu options?

Thanks!

Monday, August 8, 2011 5:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You can add find columns in Quick Find Account Accounts view.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Marked as answer by DIY-CRM Monday, August 8, 2011 7:25 PM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 5:55 PM
  • Perfect - thanks so much!

• Proposed as answer by KZAYYA Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:03 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 7:26 PM
  • Hello,

I`m new at this and I have the same problem but with opportunity entity and I want to add 'potential customer' to the search.

I couldn`t find any way and searching in the web only make me confused more.

I want to be able to enter a name of potential customer and the filter will do it`s job.

I`m working with crm 2011.

How do I add the 'add find columns' or add the option to search in the filter for other fields value?

thank you

Monday, February 27, 2012 1:30 PM
  • @Adzzer

Like Jehanzeb said, you need to edit the "Quick Find" view for the Opportunity entity and change the "find columns" list in there (tick the ones you want). These are then the fields used in lookups and in quick search (unlike CRM 4 where they could be separate)

Hope this helps. Adam Vero, MCT

Monday, February 27, 2012 4:58 PM
  • Adam,

I can`t find where to do it. I looked in the customization of the entity and the top menu and nav bars.

Where do I find it?

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:42 AM
  • Can you find the Views for the Opportunity entity?

When you open a solution or go to "customize the system" you should see the entities in a hierarchical tree view on the left, and under each one is a section for Views.

In the list of Views you should see "Quick Find" - it is labelled as a system view rather than public, along with a few others.

Can you get this far?

Hope this helps. Adam Vero, MCT

• Proposed as answer by Adzzer Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:38 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:13 AM
  • Thanks Adam, found it and working great.

You added the missing link to the information.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:39 AM