none
VB6 Database Application RRS feed

• Question

• I am beginner to programming. I have some knowledge of SQL and VB6. I have learned to manipulate sql server database and access database using vb6. I want to create small accounting application which need to store data entered, using vb6. I want to know how to proceed to make such a application which can be distributed as .exe file and the user can use it without installing sql server or access database.  Thanks in advance.
    Monday, March 12, 2018 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This forum is for VB.NET questions only, for VB6 use the following forum.

Also, since you are a beginner you should not be using VB6 as this is considered a dead language. You would be much better off using Visual Studio 2017 community edition which is free to use.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Proposed as answer by Reed KimbleMVP Monday, March 12, 2018 12:04 PM
    Monday, March 12, 2018 9:13 AM