Automatic Blocking of cookies RRS feed

• Question

• There is a software programme (Opera Mk One) in my computer that automatically blocks cookies.

This means that I cannot access sites like Yahoo or Hotmail as cookies are blocked from these sites - and you can only access Hotmail and Yahoo if you allow in cookies.

I do want a 'cookie blocker' on my computer - but how can I access Hotmail and Yahoo if i keep my 'cookie blocker'?
    Friday, February 16, 2007 5:37 PM

Answers

• If you are using Opera as your browser, and want cookies some of the time but not others, you can switch them on and off by going to the Opera menu (top left) and selecting Quick preferences. In there you will see a line for enabling cookies. (That's what it's like on my Mac; if you're using a PC it is likely to be fairly similar.)
    You can also go to Preferences (same main menu). If you select Privacy (towards the bottom of the left column on mine) you can then fine-tune the way cookies are handled, so that, for example, you can set it so that you are asked each time if you want to accept cookies.
    Also you can tell it to delete new cookies when you leave Opera.
    I hope this helps.

Friday, February 16, 2007 5:39 PM

All replies

• If you are using Opera as your browser, and want cookies some of the time but not others, you can switch them on and off by going to the Opera menu (top left) and selecting Quick preferences. In there you will see a line for enabling cookies. (That's what it's like on my Mac; if you're using a PC it is likely to be fairly similar.)
    You can also go to Preferences (same main menu). If you select Privacy (towards the bottom of the left column on mine) you can then fine-tune the way cookies are handled, so that, for example, you can set it so that you are asked each time if you want to accept cookies.
    Also you can tell it to delete new cookies when you leave Opera.
    I hope this helps.

Friday, February 16, 2007 5:39 PM
  • I have done this but its not working
    Some of the cookies are not blocked
    Tell me more about this
    Monday, February 19, 2007 9:18 AM