abt the future virus attacks RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi can anyone tel wat wud b d future virus attacks?????????????????????????????????????????????

its nothing but d virus wil originate frm d slot of RAM~~ cool na~~u cant even remove by any s/w and cant detect too easily ..... so be careful//////// i got this informations frm some of my friends~~ and also a person has wrote a paper and submitted on this.....

Thursday, November 1, 2007 12:44 PM

All replies

• hey nice infor n thanks 4 giving infor...
    Friday, November 2, 2007 5:38 AM
  • or thnk on this the virus is preloaded on ur motherboard/processor...................????

Friday, November 2, 2007 8:54 AM
  • nice ..one guys

Friday, November 2, 2007 10:17 AM
  • Actually, this is not new. Viruses embedded in hardware firmwares is old news. This is most common in routers. Almost every router has a neat functionality where it will let your ISP to automatically update your router firmware in case your ISP makes any drastic changes from their side. To do that, you need to supply a password. Your ISP would have already set the password on the router before giving it to you.

The problem is when you buy a fresh router from store. The password will be on default and anyone in the same subnet zone can update your firmware if they know the make of your router and some other minimal information. They can then set your router to redirect all your traffic to a different IP and forward it from there. So a 3rd party will be able to intercept all your communication and you won't know a thing. All precautions like firewalls, anti-viruses, etc on your computer are useless in this case.

Friday, November 2, 2007 1:09 PM
  • ya~~ but may b d slots cud be affected~ so b careful in d future

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 6:50 AM
  • In future may be virus will be causing damage to hardware also like burning motherboards processors ,monitors etcetc

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 7:38 PM

• dont worry till it effect in my body....
    Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:34 AM