The name 'SiteContext' does not exist in the current context RRS feed

• Question

• Customer Portal Problem.

Our project fails to build because of the error: The name 'SiteContext' does not exist in the current context.

Same thing with CoreDataContext();

Both are in Login.aspx.cs.

if (LoginContact.Adx_changepasswordatnextlogon.Value)

{

var page = SiteContext.Current.Website.GetPageBySiteMarkerName("ChangePassword") as Xrm.Adx_webpage;

string redirectURL = Request.Url.AbsoluteUri + "?UserName=" + Server.UrlEncode(Login1.UserName) + "&Password=" + Server.UrlEncode(Login1.Password);

Response.Redirect(redirectURL);

//string redirectURL = page.GetURL() + "?UserName=" + Server.UrlEncode(Login1.UserName) + "&Password=" + Server.UrlEncode(Login1.Password);

//Response.Redirect(redirectURL);

}

else

{

LoginContact.Adx_LastSuccessfulLogon = DateTime.Now.Date;

var coreContext = new CoreDataContext();

coreContext.UpdateObject(LoginContact);

coreContext.SaveChanges();

e.Authenticated = true;

FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(Login1.UserName, true);

}

Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:45 PM

Answers

• The code sample is not in the CRM 2011 customer portal from Microsoft nor from Adxstudio.  I searched on some of that code and it looks like your developer used some code snippet from thexrmguru.com - you should probably go there for support.  I know that implementation and it is not a secure implementation of a membership provider.  If you want a secure implementation you should probably go to Adxstudio - that way it is supported for you.
    Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:40 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 2:17 AM

All replies

• Are you using the portals from the Dynamics Marketplace?

Monday, May 23, 2011 7:48 PM
  • The code sample is not in the CRM 2011 customer portal from Microsoft nor from Adxstudio.  I searched on some of that code and it looks like your developer used some code snippet from thexrmguru.com - you should probably go there for support.  I know that implementation and it is not a secure implementation of a membership provider.  If you want a secure implementation you should probably go to Adxstudio - that way it is supported for you.
    Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:40 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 2:17 AM