Differentiating .net framework version RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all..

I checked .net framework installed on my server in regedit it is showing v3.0 and v3.0 sp1. but actually i installed .net framework 3.5 it is not showing up there. can anyone tell me .net v3.0 sp1 is same as .net framework 3.5 or not.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, June 26, 2010 7:21 PM This is a .NET question, not SharePoint (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 7:03 PM

Answers

•  Hi,

To determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed, locate the <var>%systemroot%</var>\Microsoft.NET\Framework folder. To open this folder, you can paste this address into a Windows Explorer address bar. The following folders contain the released versions of the .NET Framework:

• v3.5
    • v3.0
    • v2.0.50727
    • v1.1.4322
    • v1.0.3705

Note If you see other folders that have a v<var>N</var>.<var>N</var>.<var>NXXXX</var> format, they may contain beta versions or pre-released versions of the .NET Framework. Those versions are outside the scope of this article.

To determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a computer, follow these steps:

1. Open any one of the folders in the previous list.
    2. Right-click the Mscorlib.dll file, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the Version tab, and then note the file version.
    4. Use the previous list to determine which version of the .NET Framework is installed on the computer, and then click OK.

Repeat these steps for each version of the .NET Framework on the computer.

You can also use the Assembly Binding Log Viewer (Fuslogvw.exe), which ships with the .NET Framework SDK, to verify which version of the runtime is loaded. You can also use this tool to verify that an assembly is loading from your application directory instead of from the global assembly cache, and to view the success or failure of all assembly binds.

By default, the Assembly Binding Log Viewer logs only failed assembly binds. To log all assembly binds, you must create an entry in the registry.

• Set the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion\ForceLog registry value to 1 (the value is a DWORD).

When your application starts, you should see either mscorlib, Version 1.0.3300 for .NET Framework version 1.0 or mscorlib, Version 1.1.4322 for .NET Framework version 1.1, or mscorlib version 2.0.xxxx for .NET Framework version 2.0. You can also look at the path where fusion.dll is loaded from to determine what version of the runtime is loaded.

Reference http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    • Marked as answer by MNRSPDev Sunday, June 27, 2010 4:18 AM
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 7:18 PM