Backup Service Not Running! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Today my WHS (PP1) has reported that the backup service is not running and a hard drive (2 installed) was failing, I have repaired the hard drive with WHS and this is now reporting OK.

I have re-started WHS and the backup service is still not running, I haved tried to repair via settings/backup in WHS console (where it says could lose backups and take several hours) but as soon as I click ok the connector shuts down (either from one of my clients or from the WHS desktop)

Not sure what else to do??

Sunday, June 22, 2008 3:21 PM

All replies

•  blicky_1 wrote:
    Hi All,

Today my WHS (PP1) has reported that the backup service is not running and a hard drive (2 installed) was failing, I have repaired the hard drive with WHS and this is now reporting OK.

I have re-started WHS and the backup service is still not running, I haved tried to repair via settings/backup in WHS console (where it says could lose backups and take several hours) but as soon as I click ok the connector shuts down (either from one of my clients or from the WHS desktop)

Did you file a bug report on Connect?

Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:10 PM
  •  kariya21 wrote:
     blicky_1 wrote:
    Hi All,

Did you file a bug report on Connect?

Yes I have.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 8:53 PM
  •  blicky_1 wrote:
    Yes I have.

Can you logon to the server desktop and see if there is an active process called whsbackup.exe?  If not, can you look at the Services on WHS and see if there is a Windows Home Server Computer Backup on the list?

Sunday, June 22, 2008 9:37 PM
  •  

Hi,

No nothing like that on processes athough CPU Usage is at 100% (wmccds.exe is at 99)

And Windows Home Server Computer Backup is in the services list but is stopped, tried to restart and after a few seconds it stops again....

All other functions of the server are working btw.

Monday, June 23, 2008 6:39 PM
  • What is the Connect bug number for tracking this issue?

Monday, June 23, 2008 9:40 PM
  •  

Monday, June 23, 2008 9:44 PM