Can't use live mesh remotely desktop RRS feed

• Question

• I can not use live mesh remotely desktop. I am sure I enable the firewall and connect to internet.  Can Somebody help me why I can't use it and how to solve this problem? Thanks.
    我要人们都看到我,但不知道我是谁
    Monday, July 13, 2009 3:28 AM

Answers

• There are a few threads right now in the forum regarding remote desktop issues.
    The first thing that I would suggest trying is to see if you can connect from the Host to the Remote machine from the system tray notifier on the Host.
    Also, confirm that you have allowed Remote Desktop on both PCs in the system properties - Control Panel/System.
    And, confirm that you have allowed Remote Desktop connections through the Windows Firewall.
    Have you also tried to connect in the opposite direction? That is, from the XP machine to the Vista machine? On the Vista machine, did you install the enhancements?
    If you are still unable to use Remote Desktop after all of the above, please submit a bug report with logs from both machines per the instructions found here:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 3:08 PM

All replies

• What is the operating system of the host machine? What is the OS of the machine you are trying to connect to? Are you initiating the remote desktop session from the Live Desktop on the web or from the notifier in the PC system tray on the host machine.
    What firewall are you using?
    Is your Internet connection via an authenticated proxy server?
    Are the host and remote machines on the same network or are you trying to connect over the Internet?
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, July 13, 2009 1:29 PM
  • My remote PC is win xp pro(sp3) in which have been installed the live mesh software and the host PC is Vista Ultimate x64(sp2),and I initiating the remote desktop session to  the Live Desktop on the web browser IE8 from Host PC,the remote PC is behind the office  LAN and connect to internet by optical fiber and the Host PC is connected to  internet  by ADSL,the two PCs connect without proxy server.The two PCs' firewalls are the system's firwall.
    I want everybody to watch me,but not know who I am.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:00 PM
  • There are a few threads right now in the forum regarding remote desktop issues.
    The first thing that I would suggest trying is to see if you can connect from the Host to the Remote machine from the system tray notifier on the Host.
    Also, confirm that you have allowed Remote Desktop on both PCs in the system properties - Control Panel/System.
    And, confirm that you have allowed Remote Desktop connections through the Windows Firewall.
    Have you also tried to connect in the opposite direction? That is, from the XP machine to the Vista machine? On the Vista machine, did you install the enhancements?
    If you are still unable to use Remote Desktop after all of the above, please submit a bug report with logs from both machines per the instructions found here:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 3:08 PM