how to delete a pool RRS feed

• Question

• my colleague had format my server..and when i install OCS for 2nd time..the previous pool still exist in my domain (inside OCs server) how to remove it?any idea?
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 5:29 PM

All replies

• Mr. Schertz has an excellent post on renaming an OCS pool which I've used multiple times now to remove a pool. Just be careful, and remove the attributes referencing the deleted server/pool.
    https://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=13

And in the future make sure you deactivate the server and pool before uninstalling.
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 5:55 PM
  • is it possible...i reinstall new server with the same pool name (existing) and try to uninstall it again properly?
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:26 AM
  • You can use the same pool name ofsource but make sure your former OCS server is correctly uninstalled. So when you un install you server make sure:

- the OCS pool is correctly removed (remove the OCS-pool through the UI - OCS Administrative Tools)

- uninstall OCS from your OCS Std or OCS Ent Edition Server. Add / Remove programs.

- optional: unprep your OCS domain

- optional: unprep your OCS forest

** Schema can't be unprepped.

-Joachim Farla

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 6:45 PM
  • Since that ship has already sailed he can't do any of those things.

If you haven't already cleaned up the info in AD you could attempt to perform a new install, but I have to recommended my approach, as it's best to cleanup the leftovers and start again.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:06 PM
  •  

Hi

Because of your situation you will get errors when reinstalling and it wont work.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/office/bb629431.aspx

if you use this link and download the cmd line ref guide (bottom of first list) it has the commands to manually remove everything for a clean start.

make sure you check the log files if you have any errors removing via cmd line

OCS 2007 locks its self very tightly to AD

spend a few hour make sure you get everything

Hope this helps

Jeff

Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:22 AM