External Email rerouting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i want external mails received from an external email account to be tracked on crm and this  mail should be routed to a specified person on the system. how can this be achieved

System integrator

Monday, October 22, 2012 5:06 PM

All replies

• You can setup a forward rule on the external email address that forwards all mail to the specified person in CRM then set that persons CRM email options to Track all email.

Regards, Donna

Monday, October 22, 2012 5:59 PM
  • Thank Donna your suggestion was great. okay so i set up a workflow to create a case once a mail is received from this box and assigned to a perticular agent. the case description is populated with the message from the mail. But i noticed that the message populates as an HTML script. is there a way to make just the message body appear without the HTML tags?

System integrator

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:43 PM
  • You'll need to create a custom workflow and strip out the html tags or not use that to populate the case body.  The email body in CRM is populated with html tags.

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:31 PM
  • hi donna. when you say a custom workflow, does that mean i have to write one? also are there other ways to populate the body of the description field on the case form?

System integrator

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:39 AM
  • Yes, you would have to write a custom workflow to strip out the html tags.  You can populate the description field with whatever you want but if you want the body of the email then you have to find a way to strip out the html tags.

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:22 PM