Money Deluxe Sunset Constantly Crashes Windows 7 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• I constantly get this error message "Money can not locate C:\Users\...mbfB20D.tmp" trying to start Money, and when I try to restore a backup up, it says  it can't create the file because of a list of bogus reasons that don't apply to the situation like invalid characters in the file name, limited disk space, admin rights, etc. The only way I can get it to work again is to uninstall and reinstall. But, that only lasts for a limited time until I run into the same issue again...this is really getting old. :(

Can someone help me understand what the problem is?

Thanks,

Kevin

Thursday, October 29, 2015 4:46 AM

Answers

• Still surprised no one had any suggestions...anyway...I "fixed" the issue with a workaround.

I couldn't find my .mny file in any of the usual places, so I did a C: search and found it hidden deep (after unhiding all files), 5 folders down within the Users folder. After finding "My Money.mny" I right clicked it to create a shortcut. Copied and pasted the shortcut to my desktop.

Seems to be working now. If I encounter any issues again using this method of opening Money Deluxe, I'll post an update.

Hope this helps for anyone experiencing the same issue I was.

Kevin :)

• Marked as answer by DesignoSLK Thursday, November 12, 2015 12:09 AM
    Thursday, November 12, 2015 12:09 AM

All replies

• Really? 84 views, and no one has an answer as to what's happening? I can't even close it anymore. I get one use out of it, so I leave it open. If I close it, I get the same "Can't find the file" error.

Would really appreciate some help on this...anyone? I can't be the only person experiencing this.

::Frustrated::

:(

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 11:21 PM
  • Still surprised no one had any suggestions...anyway...I "fixed" the issue with a workaround.

I couldn't find my .mny file in any of the usual places, so I did a C: search and found it hidden deep (after unhiding all files), 5 folders down within the Users folder. After finding "My Money.mny" I right clicked it to create a shortcut. Copied and pasted the shortcut to my desktop.

Seems to be working now. If I encounter any issues again using this method of opening Money Deluxe, I'll post an update.

Hope this helps for anyone experiencing the same issue I was.

Kevin :)

• Marked as answer by DesignoSLK Thursday, November 12, 2015 12:09 AM
    Thursday, November 12, 2015 12:09 AM