Uninstall PP1 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there an uninstall utility that needs to be run or additional steps that need to be taken to remove all traces of the PP1? Is there a way to verify that I am running non PP1 bits? (.dll verification, etc.)

I have uninstalled PP1 and I am not able to install the connector using the original connector installation CD without it erroring on the configuring backup / backup service isn't running....

Please advise...

Monday, June 16, 2008 6:33 PM

Answers

•  bondisdead wrote:

Could someone please provide instructions to uinstall PP1? I have looked at "add or remove programs", and there is nothing listed for PP1. If I go to WHS console and resources, I indeed have PP1 installed. I've searched, and have had no luck.

On the WHS, Add/Remove programs, ensure that the Show Updates box is ticked, then you want to scroll through the list until you find PRERELEASE Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 - then you can click to remove it.

Andrew

Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:40 PM
  •  Andrew Edney wrote:
     bondisdead wrote:

Could someone please provide instructions to uinstall PP1? I have looked at "add or remove programs", and there is nothing listed for PP1. If I go to WHS console and resources, I indeed have PP1 installed. I've searched, and have had no luck.

On the WHS, Add/Remove programs, ensure that the Show Updates box is ticked, then you want to scroll through the list until you find PRERELEASE Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 - then you can click to remove it.

Andrew

If I look back at the installation instructions, there is a screen snapshot of the add/remove programs, and now I do see that "show updates" is checked. It wasn't checked by default. A recommendation to microsoft would be to highlight this, so that other folks (like me!) won't be confused in the future.

Thanks so much! I see it now.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:46 PM

All replies

• If you can connect to the Software share, there is a connector folder there, try running the setup files from there. Worth a shot.

Monday, June 16, 2008 7:17 PM
  • Doesn't work. Console won't work when executed directly on the WHS.

Monday, June 16, 2008 8:34 PM
  • Chris, to install the connector from your downgraded WHS PC on a client PC, you should navigate to \\SERVER\Software\Home Server Connector Software and run setup from there.

And no, you can't install the connector on the server, as you found.
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:05 AM
  • Could someone please provide instructions to uinstall PP1? I have looked at "add or remove programs", and there is nothing listed for PP1. If I go to WHS console and resources, I indeed have PP1 installed. I've searched, and have had no luck.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 4:38 PM
  •  bondisdead wrote:

Did you install the upgrade package or do a clean install of WHS with PP1 integrated?

Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:08 PM
  •  kariya21 wrote:

bondisdead wrote:

Did you install the upgrade package or do a clean install of WHS with PP1 integrated?

I've had WHS installed since last fall. THis was using the PP1 download just last week. I'm having issues with "file conflicts" and backups which are no longer running, as well as S3 sleep issues with computers following a backup, that I'd like to test things before PP1. These issues all started after PP1, but I'd like to isolate that it isn't a hardware issue that just happened to coincide with the PP1 install. Thanks!

Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:29 PM
  •  bondisdead wrote:

Andrew

Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:40 PM
  •  Andrew Edney wrote:
     bondisdead wrote:

Andrew

If I look back at the installation instructions, there is a screen snapshot of the add/remove programs, and now I do see that "show updates" is checked. It wasn't checked by default. A recommendation to microsoft would be to highlight this, so that other folks (like me!) won't be confused in the future.

Thanks so much! I see it now.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:46 PM