none
Computer won't stay in Standby mode RRS feed

• Question

• Forgive me if this has been asked before; I did a quick search and didn't find anything that seemed to answer my question, but if there is a thread existing, please point me to that discussion.

I'm using Windows 2000 Home Edition and when I try to put the computer into Standby or Hibernation mode, it wakes itself up anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours later. I also set my power management settings to go back into Standby after 1-2 hours so in case it comes on when I'm not home that it won't stay on for hours and hours, but even that doesn't seem to work as I come home or get or get up in the morning and the computer is running. My antivirus is scheduled for a weekly update only and I don't think I have any other programs set to automatically run except for maybe a screen saver, but I turn off the monitor when not in use so I don't know if that would start up and cause this.

Any help? I'm just trying to avoid having to power all the way down and restart every single time. Thanks!
    Monday, June 1, 2009 3:00 PM

Answers

All replies