Office Communications Server 2007 R2 RRS feed

All replies

• Currently, I don't know of any plans to make R2 available before that date.  But, frankly - I'm not the Marketing authority on this.  That being said, it's not uncommon to find an RTM product available for download to MSDN Subscription subscribers before the release to web date.

Rick
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 6:51 PM
  •  Only TAP customers will have access to the R2 RTM bits before the final release date but as Rick said it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on the MSDN downloads prior to the launch date just to see if it sneaks in there a little early.  But from my sources Feb 3rd is still the date.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, December 29, 2008 1:42 PM
  •  I read here that the R2 packages are availabe to "Voice Ready for Microsoft Office Communicator" partners. These are 'Voice Ready' partners that are in the TAP program or all 'Voice Ready' partners? Where do 'Voice Ready' partners download the R2 packages? TechNet, MSDN, AP? Do we need to speak with our Microsoft partnership rep to gain access? Also, when will sales-geared information be available for partners?

Thanks!

Connor Penhale, MCNPS, MCTS
    Senior Technology Consultant
    The Uptime Group, Inc.
    Your IT and VoIP. Managed.
    www.theuptimegroup.com

Sunday, January 4, 2009 5:11 AM
  • Connor,  that is for partners currently enrolled in a TAP deployment of OCS, not just all partners.  You should contact your partner rep to ask about getting involved in the program.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, January 5, 2009 2:09 AM