WHS Connector Update (to version 07/13/08) fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Hope someone can help me :-)

I have a WHS with Power Pack 1. I installed on all my Vista machines (total 3) the Connector, that was shipped with my WHS. All worked well. Now, I got a message that a new version of the connector is available. I followed all the steps, where the old connector will be uninstalled and the new gets installed. Now the issue comes. At the last step (last pop up window), when the client will be added to the WHS network and the backup gets configured, I get a error message at the bullet (configuring for backup). The bullet, adding the client to the WHS Network is green (passed). I tried to install the new update on all machines (with virusprotection on/ off). Always the same issue. 

When I install then the "old" connector again, no issues during the installation. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Juergen

P.S. I have a german version, so I don't know whether I translated the description of the bulletpoints correct.
    Monday, December 1, 2008 7:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Juergen,
    interesting - I had the same issue with the German version here, on top all automated backups on the upgraded machines ceased to run.
    So I uninstalled the update, rebooted the server, installed update on the server and then the connector upgrade again - and now it seems to work.
    Also after the subsequent reboot of the server I had to start some services manually.
    Strange.

If you like to communicate in German, take a look here.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, December 1, 2008 8:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Juergen,
    interesting - I had the same issue with the German version here, on top all automated backups on the upgraded machines ceased to run.
    So I uninstalled the update, rebooted the server, installed update on the server and then the connector upgrade again - and now it seems to work.
    Also after the subsequent reboot of the server I had to start some services manually.
    Strange.

If you like to communicate in German, take a look here.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, December 1, 2008 8:20 PM
  • Hi Olaf,

Many thanks. Do you know whether the client backup files on the server gone when you uninstall the update on the server?
    Thanks for the tip in regards to the German site :-)

Best, Juergen

Monday, December 1, 2008 9:13 PM
  • Hi Juergen,
    uninstalling the update does not affect the backups, at least it did not at my server.
    Best greetings from North Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, December 1, 2008 9:31 PM
  • Hi Olaf,

Perfect tip. This solves my issue! Many thanks!!

Best,
    Juergen
    Tuesday, December 2, 2008 11:24 PM