Workflow to add records in a view to a queue RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add all of the records in a view (system or personal view, doesn't matter) to a queue. 

I plan to create a view based on some search criteria. I know that I will have to hardcode the view and the queue into the workflow but I'm ok with that. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, June 17, 2016 2:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you elaborate a little more on your question regarding  what you want?.

As if you want to add the records from a View to the Queue then we can simply use the “Add to Queue”  from the Public View.                               

Else if you want to write a workflow so that if any new record satisfying the condition is created  in the  System then you can add the below step in the  workflow:

Create “QueueItem”  --- Click Set Properties and set the Queue to which you want to add the record and the Queue Item lookup to the entity on which you are creating the WF.

Thanks,
    Sam

Inogic | Blog | news@inogic.com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, June 20, 2016 12:09 PM
  • Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply. I want to set up a workflow for my users and document the process for them. Basically, my users want to conduct a search in Advanced Find with certain filters e.g. return every contact where city is Dublin, and add all of the records returned into a queue easily. 

I know that this can be done manually but I would like to set up a workflow to be used with a view. If I could have one child workflow which could be used in conjunction with a number of parent workflows (which would be the different searches) that would be ideal. 

Thanks for your help, I will have a look at your method and hopefully get the desired result.

Thanks, 

Wayne

Monday, June 20, 2016 2:44 PM
  • Hi Wayne,

You want to do an advanced find with certain filters and want to add all records return by this advanced find to a specific queue. Is that right?

If so, then you can create one workflow for contact entity and make this workflow to be run on demand.

In that workflow, add a step to add current record in a queue. So when advanced find returns a records, select all records from view and click on “Run Workflow” button and select that workflow and say Run.

This workflow will run on all selected contact records and will add these records to queue. Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks,
    Sam

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:30 PM
  • That's exactly what I'm trying to achieve Sam. The only difficulty is say, for example, I do a search that returns 1000 records ok. I am limited to selecting 250 records at a time to run a workflow against. Is there any way to select the full amount of records in a view and run a workflow against them? (Without a plugin!)
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:54 PM
  • You could create a windows tool, where you will first connect to your CRM, then retrieve your created view and then retrive records based on the fetch XML of that retrived view. After that perform operation i.e add to queue on those retrived record.

Let us know if that suitable for you.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 1:07 PM