none
I don't see the application crash dialog box while debugging c# in visual studio 2017

Question

• I don't see the application crash dialog box while debugging or runing a c# progam (Ctrl-F5) in visual studio 2017

I try a C# code from a Tutorial in YouTube, wich I know is supposed to crash and the crash window dialog box דhould pop-up, but it doesn't.
    Sunday, May 06, 2018 6:54 PM

All replies

• That is what is expected to happen. Ctrl-F5 is not the debugger. You can use F5 for the debugger but Ctrl-F5 is not. Or use the "Debug" menu; as a beginner it would be good to learn how things work by using the Debug menu then after you have learned that way, use the shortcut keys.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, May 06, 2018 8:09 PM
  • You can post the tutorial link and point out which part mentioned the crash dialog, then we could reproduce it. Thank you

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 07, 2018 5:09 AM
  • You can post the tutorial link and point out which part mentioned the crash dialog, then we could reproduce it.

I am confused. If Ctrl-F5 is being used then that explains why there is no crash dialog box while debugging because it does not do debugging, correct?

A link to the YouTube tutorial would help if the tutorial is mistaken. If the tutorial says that Ctrl-F5 will use the debugger then someone needs to tell them that that is a mistake.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, May 07, 2018 7:07 AM
  • Yes, me too, and by the way, I also tried F5. Also it did not help ...
    Monday, May 07, 2018 4:51 PM