locked
SDK MetaData ERD RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I am currently using CRM 2011 online provisioned through Office 365. I am trying to use the metadatadiagram program in the sdk to create a visio diagram of our custom entities. The solution builds successfully but when I run it it always terminates with an error.

    When it asks for the server I have tried every variation of the server name I can think of.

    crm.dynamics.com

    disco."orgname".crm.dynamcis.com

    "orgname".crm.dynamics

    All give me the same termination error before ever prompting me for my credentials. I believe it may have something to do with the office 365 but I am not sure. I also may be missing a step in using the sdk since I seem to get this error with every sample that is supplied.

    Thanks For any suggestions,

    Dwarner9

    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:53 PM

Answers

  • There is problem in the code.

    These lines are the problem.  UserPrincipal.Current.UserPrincipalName is returning the null value . That is causing a problem. 

                        else if (config.EndpointType == AuthenticationProviderType.OnlineFederation && config.AuthFailureCount == 0)
                        {
                            config.UserPrincipalName = UserPrincipal.Current.UserPrincipalName;
                           return null;
                        }

    This code is from CrmServiceHelper.cs file.

    You can comment these lines and you are good to go.

    I hope this helps.


    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Amreek Singh Senior Solution Architect HP Australia Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com http://crm2011usersettings.codeplex.com

    • Proposed as answer by Amreek Singh Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dwarner9 Tuesday, September 11, 2012 4:33 PM
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:23 AM

All replies

  • Hi.

    You can get the server name by

    Settings -> Developer Resources -> Organization Service

    It should help with the URL / server name

    Jaimie

    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:19 PM
  • You need to debug the code. There are few problems with the sample code.

    For example in my org the discovery file look like https://disco.crm5.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc

    There is no org name infront of it. When I fixed that I am getting LDAP error. Its too late. I try tomorrow morning.

    Check the helper file in the code. Thats the problem.

    I hope this helps.


    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Amreek Singh Senior Solution Architect HP Australia Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com http://crm2011usersettings.codeplex.com

    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 2:03 PM
  • There is problem in the code.

    These lines are the problem.  UserPrincipal.Current.UserPrincipalName is returning the null value . That is causing a problem. 

                        else if (config.EndpointType == AuthenticationProviderType.OnlineFederation && config.AuthFailureCount == 0)
                        {
                            config.UserPrincipalName = UserPrincipal.Current.UserPrincipalName;
                           return null;
                        }

    This code is from CrmServiceHelper.cs file.

    You can comment these lines and you are good to go.

    I hope this helps.


    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Amreek Singh Senior Solution Architect HP Australia Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com http://crm2011usersettings.codeplex.com

    • Proposed as answer by Amreek Singh Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dwarner9 Tuesday, September 11, 2012 4:33 PM
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:23 AM
  • Thank you works perfect. 


    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 4:33 PM